Code of Ethics
We work side by side, honest and true. We do not use power, emotions or words to manipulate or threaten each other. We communicate in honesty; we do not lie to each other.
Children, parents and teachers who disrupt the order, teaching or other school activities will be separated from group until their behaviour does not disrupt the status quo. Nobody has the right to threaten another person’s right to safety, education, extramural activities, and joy.
We take responsibility for our own emotions and behaviour. We do not take our frustrations out on each other. We talk to each other calmly and peacefully.
Parents, educators, and children who is disrespectful towards others, will have to leave the classroom, office or grounds until they are willing to make restitution. Should the behaviour be repeated, the person will be asked to leave the school grounds, permanently.
We work hard to complete our own work, respect each other’s time by being on time, spend money with accountability, appreciate our privileges and look after all property, no matter who it belongs to.
Disobedience and wilful disregard for / or dangerous behaviour will not be tolerated. Disciplinary hearings will be held as set out in the disciplinary procedure.
We are patient with people who are different from us and those who battle with their work or who transgress by accident. We show mercy when the transgressor shows a beautiful attitude, acknowledgement of transgression and true respect for authority.
CHILD IN CRISIS
Children whose behaviour does not improve with consistent discipline and whose bad behavriou indicates psychological, intellectual, neurological or other problems will have to receive professional help as a prerequisite of staying in school. The entire school community is responsible to support these children as best possible.
Neighbourly Love (love towards other learners)
Here we like to refer all learners to 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
“4 Love is never tired of waiting; love is kind; love has no envy; love has no high opinion of itself; love has no pride. 5 Love’s ways are ever fair, it takes no thought for itself; it is not quickly made angry, it takes no account of evil. 6 It takes no pleasure in wrongdoing, but has joy in what is true. 7 Love has the power of undergoing all things, having faith in all things, hoping all things.”
- ARRIVE ON TIME EVERY DAY 100% 100%
- RAISE YOUR HAND BEFORE SPEAKING 100% 100%
- LISTEN TO OTHERS, PARTICIPATE IN DISCUSSIONS 100% 100%
- USE TIME EFFECTIVELY AND STAY ON TASK 100% 100%
- DO YOUR ASSIGNMENTS AND HAND THEM IN AT THE GIVEN DEADLINE 100% 100%
- BRING MATERIALS AND HAVE THEM READY AS PER TEACHER’S INSTRUCTIONS 100% 100%
- LISTEN TO INSTRUCTIONS, RECORD HOMEWORK ACCURATELY 100% 100%
- CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF 100% 100%
- LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE’S (LEARNER/TEACHER) MATERIALS ALONE 100% 100%
- DO NOT INTERUPT OTHER STUDENTS’ LEARNING 100% 100%
- KEEP HANDS, FEET AND OBJECTS TO YOURSELF 100% 100%
- KEEP YOUR HANDS CLEAN AND TAKE CARE OF PERSONAL HYGIENE IN THE RESTROOM DURING BREAKS 100% 100%
- ONLY ONE PERSON AT A TIME ALLOWED TO LEAVE ROOM 100% 100%
- CLEAN YOUR DESK APPROPRIATELY BEFORE LEAVING THE CLASS 100% 100%
- NO FOOD, DRINKS, GUM, CANDY IS PERMITTED 100% 100%
- BE ORGANIZED AND PREPARED FOR CLASS 100% 100%
- COME TO CLASS PREPARED TO LEARN 100% 100%
- RESPECT ALL PROPERTY, TREAT ALL SCHOOL EQUIPMENT WITH CARE 100% 100%
- RESPECT IDEAS AND DO NOT CRITICISE ANYONES THOUGHTS & IDEAS 100% 100%
- DO NOT GOSSIP OR SPEAK DISRESPECTFUL OF OTHERS 100% 100%
- BE POLITE WHEN SPEAKING TO OTHERS 100% 100%
- NO FOUL LANGUAGE WILL BE TOLERATED 100% 100%
- NO BULLYING WILL BE TOLERATED. 100% 100%
- NO VANDALISM. DON’T WRITE OR CARVE ON YOUR DESK OR SCHOOL PROPERTY 100% 100%