POLLY SHORTS ACADEMY'S APPROACH
Polly Shorts Academy's approach is perseverance showcased by the teacher and taught to the learner, achieving educational excellance and reaching individual potential through creating a desired learning environment through:
- Keeping the learner to teacher ratio at 12 : 1
- Assess each child to understand their individual requirements.
- CAPS Curriculum with learner support.
- Interactive and one on one approach.
- Individual assistance during lessons.
- Assist Iearner to achieve improved results by building his/her self belief.
SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT AND ADDITIONAL SERVICES
All our learners' health, wellness and belonging is of utmost importance. We strive to achieve this through:
- Weekly spray Of a SABS approved, safe disinfectant process to help curb against cross infection caused by bacteria and viruses.
- Development of children's physical fitness, promote healthy living and develop motor skills that are necessary for future scholastic achievement. For this we make use of Kwanda Kinetics' quailfied Kinderkineticists.
- Polly Shorts Academy uniform which we are very proud of, this assists with the learners discipline and self respect required for performance excellence.
- Drama lessons boosting self confidence and learner development.
- Extra classes in Mathematics and reading through Stimulus Maksima.
- Taking the learners on quarterly excursions to broaden their knowledge on historic, scientific, biological and geographical aspects. The little ones mostly learn about animals and their natural environment.
- Taking the learners on team building camps and teach them survival skills and how to be good
OUR EDUCATOR'S APPROACH
- Each class has a maximum Of 12 learners per class.
- Assess each child and develop the child in accordance to his/her own needs. Continuously strive to improve our strategies of teaching.
- Reward the Iearner for success either academically or emotionally.
- Liaise with parents highlighting;
- Child's requirements in additional assistance.
- Advise on methods to support learning.
- Additional therapy as necessary.
- Remedial assistance through a ISEN class.